Social Media is all about engagement. Here are some quick tips on how to start the conversation and start building relationships.
Tip #1 ~ Engage Your Fans and Followers
- Use the Discussion tab
- Answer questions
- Import blog posts using RSS feeds
- Use Quotes
- Ask Questions
- Be Positive
- Be Helpful
- Ask them to click like if they like….
- Post Videos
- Post funny but appropriate content
- Post Events
- Post Discounts
- Conduct a survey or poll
- Share news within your industry
- Be the expert…the go to person for your industry
- Get a conversation going!
Tip #2 ~ Make the most out of your efforts by connecting all of your Social Media Sites
One great way to make the most of your social media efforts is to connect your social pages to each other so that when you post on one site it is automatically shared on your other social profiles. A great strategy is to also include your blog posts within this process.
Here is the process to take:
- Use Twitterfeed.com to take your blog’s rss feed and post it to your Facebook Fan Page and also your Twitter profile.
- Set up the Twitter application on your LinkedIn profile to pull in your Twitter posts to your LinkedIn profile.
Setting up this process will enable this process to occur
- First you must post a blog post on your blog
- The post will automatically be posted on your Fan Page and Twitter by Twitterfeed.com
- Then the same post will automatically be posted on your LinkedIn profile by the Linkedin/Twitter app
You can also have your Twitter posts automatically post to Facebook with the Twitter to Facebook app (although I would caution on this depending on the # of posts you plan to post on Twitter daily…as Twitter tends to be more active and you don’t want to over do it on Facebook with your daily posts.
I normally try to post to Twitter about 8 – 10 times per day as with on Facebook I only post 1 – 2 times per day….based on the proper etiquette for both sites.
There is also the option to use the Twitter tab on Facebook. This app will give you a tab on your Facebook Page for all of your Twitter posts but it also gives you the ability to post selective twitter posts on your Fan Page wall.
I would love to hear how you get the conversation going ~ please share your top tips below in the comments!
To Your Success!
The Marketing Momma