Are you talking to yourself?
Do you ever feel like you are talking to yourself when you are posting on social media or writing a blog post? I know sometimes it can feel like that when you are posting consistently and giving out your best but you just aren’t getting a response. No one is commenting on your social media posts, no one is sharing your content, and it feels like no one even cares what you have to say!
It can be frustrating and sometimes even make you feel like is it really even worth the effort. But please wait, don’t give up …. it is worth the effort and it doesn’t have to be hard, you just need to put a few pieces in place to make it easy for them and you will be amazed at the difference it makes.
Here are a few simple steps to take to get people to share your content:
1. Make it simple for them to share by using share buttons on your blog. There are tons of great plugins available to make this an easy process. Here are a few I have used and suggest you check out: Shareaholic, Digg Digg, and the Really Simple Share Button. You can place the buttons at the top and bottom of your blog posts and even have one that floats on the side of your blog and follows the reader as they scroll down making it easy and obvious to share your content.
2. Ask them to share it, sometimes they just need you to ask them to do what you want and then they will respond. Everyone is in such a hurry these days that it may not even dawn on them to share something that they just read … unless you invite them to do it. You can do this on a blog post and social media posts if you have an article or content that you want a little help with spreading … then at the end of it just write a little sentence saying “If you like this content please share it with your friends” It’s Easy Peasy and you will be surprised at the results you get!
3. Write great content! If you are sharing your best knowledge then it makes it obvious for people to want to share it. The internet is sooooo full of content that you really want to make sure that when you are providing information that it is top notch stuff … give them your best and they won’t be able to help but want to share it!
4. Let people know it’s ok. Now a days there is a lot of fear of copyright infringement when it comes to sharing content, sometimes people just don’t know if it is ok to share some things or not so they just don’t do it. When it comes to your website and your content you want to make sure you are clear on what the copyright terms are for your content and if you want them to share things like your images and blog posts make it easy for them to know that it’s ok.
5. Make your content inspirational or motivation. The world is a scary place and everybody needs and wants a little encouragement, inspiration, and motivation any chance they can get it. We all need it and we all love to share it with others too. If you are providing that for people and making them feel good … it’s human nature to want to share that with others. We all like to spread the love … so give people some love and inspiration to share!
“Love only grows by sharing. You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others.” ― Brian Tracy
So now I am going to take a little of my own advice … “If you liked this article please share it with your friends by using the buttons below … I would appreciate it!”
To Your Success!
The Marketing Momma
Kate Wilber is the founder and CEO of The Marketing Momma. She helps small business owners bring their brand online in an effective and affordable way. Specializing in WordPress Website Design and Social Media Marketing she thrives in working with other small business owners to bring their dream alive online using the top industry strategies for ultimate success! She has been working online full time since 2008 Read More