Facebook has exploded in the past few years (as I’m sure you know unless you have been living under a rock) and the great part about it is that it has no boundaries ~ your reach is unlimited and it is still growing by leaps and bounds everyday. As of August 2012 Facebook is set to reach the 1 Billion mark of users! Wow that’s a lot of people to try to get your message in front of.
But the big question is how do you target in on the people that are interested in what you have to offer so you can make a meaningful connection with them on an ongoing basis on Facebook. My short answer is use the tools Facebook has given you ~ the # 1 tool being the Facebook Paid Advertising Platform.
I know, I know you are probably thinking “no way am I going to try out the paid platform when there is so many other free options” but I am here to tell you from experience that running a paid FB ad campaign is the quickest and most targeted way to get a large amount of targeted fans to your Fan Page. I can tell you that because I have tried many many ways and the quickest and best results I had came from a paid campaign that I ran within Facebook ads. I was able to receive a little over 2000 targeted Facebook Fans in 14 days using this strategy. (Here is the Fan Page I used this strategy for http://www.facebook.com/selfemployedmomsrock)
The reason running an ad campaign is so effective is because Facebook allows you to target each ad you run specifically to a targeted type of person on Facebook. The ads then show up on the side bar of Facebook in the targeted people’s profiles on Facebook placing your message right in front of the people that are interested in your marketing message. That’s about as targeted as it can get!
So here’s how you do it…. Make sure to let me know in the comments section below if you have any questions!
- Login in to your Facebook account
- Go to the ads platform within Facebook https://www.facebook.com/advertising/
- Click on create an ad
- Set up your first ad by targeting your ideal potential client or customer within the settings that the ad set up allows (you can target down by location, interests, age, sex, and education)
- Make sure to create an image(image size 110 x 80) and text that is very targeted to what your ad is all about (if this is not targeted correctly FB can deny your ad)
- Set your daily budget based on what you want to spend each day
- Set your CPC or CPM for the ad and then check over the ad to make sure it is all set up the way you want it before you submit it.
I recommend running several ads at the same time to see which ones do the best ~ make sure to keep an eye on them so you can pause them or stop them if they are not doing well. Then just keep testing till you find an ad that works well for you.
Running FB ad is just one of the techniques I used to gain my 2000 Fans ~ to learn all the strategies I used make sure to checkout my new book “How I got 2000 Facebook Fans in 14 days… and how you can too!”
To Your Success!
The Marketing Momma