Today Facebook released a new plugin for WordPress sites that is really cool and has a lot of features that you are going to love!
The plugin was built by Facebook engineers in collaboration with open source partners and requires no coding, so it’s easy for everyone to integrate into their site.
You Can Download the Plugin Here http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook/
Here are some of the great features it includes:
- Social Publishing: The plugin makes it so you can post content published to WordPress to your Facebook Timeline and any Facebook Pages you manage. You can also mention the names of Pages and friends as you post for more exposure.
- WordPress Widgets: The plugin also integrates some great widgets to use in the sidebar including an Activity Feed which shows readers their friends’ activity on the site, such as likes and comments.
- Recommendations: This will give readers personalized suggestions for pages on your site they might like, as well as a recommendations bar option to give users the option to add content to their own Timeline.
- Give the option for a Customizable Like, Subscribe and/or Send button.
- Comments Box: Makes it easy for people to comment on your site and post back to Facebook, and includes moderation tools.
Here is a link to instructions on how to install the plugin. https://developers.facebook.com/wordpress/
Once you have the plugin installed make sure to set your settings the way you want them to interact with Facebook and show up on your blog. If you allow other authors to post on your blog there is also a great new feature that allows them to post directly to their Facebook timeline when posting so it gives some great added exposure!
Also if you need a quick video tutorial to walk you through the set up process my friend Meredith posted one over at the GSMMA site for you to check out too that’s very helpful!
Let me know if you have any questions when you set it up on your site, I would love to hear from you!
I have already added it to my site so you can check it out in progress below this post … Make sure to leave a comment in the “Facebook Comments section” below and see how it works!
To Your Success!
The Marketing Momma