Have you ever actually met someone who became an overnight internet business success? I know, I know, I know… you are probably thinking right now “But every sales page I read this week said it’s possible if I just spend my $37.00 with them right now… they will make you an overnight internet success” …but I hate to be the one to tell you (If you haven’t figured it out by yourself yet) there is no silver bullet …internet business success just like every other business success takes hard work, long hours, and pure dedication to build it into a thriving successful money making business.
So what’s an aspiring entrepreneur supposed to do in the mean time while you are still learning, building, and growing your business? Get a side job! …. that’s right I said it …. if you want to build a business from home (and you weren’t born with a silver spoon in your mouth) you are probably going to need a way to have some money coming in when you are first starting out.
Now don’t get me wrong there are several ways to build an internet business without having to go out and get another job (like getting a business loan, bringing in a business partner with capital, or even staying at your day job till your internet business gets going) but if you don’t have those options it’s a good idea to find ways to supplement your income till things really start to take off with your main business.
So today I want to share with you several ways you can make some extra money working from home with time left over to build your dream business too!
6 ways to make some extra cash while growing your internet empire:
- Provide a service for other internet businesses ~ Do you know any other business owners online that are a little farther ahead then you in their business growth? Ask them if they have any services they are looking to outsource! You could be the perfect candidate for the job and it could also be a great learning experience for ideas for your business growth once you are ready.
- Become a service provider on elance, scriptlance, and guru.com. I mentioned these sites last week as places to find people to outsource to… but if you aren’t quite ready to outsource your business tasks yet these sites can also be a great place to earn some extra money providing a skill or service you are qualified for.
- Sell products on ebay ~ this is a great way to make some extra money while growing your business (I actually know of several people who started out doing this as a side way to make extra money and turned it into a full time business)
- Write articles or blog posts for other internet businesses ~ new content is what keeps websites fresh and relevant and writing content for others is a great way to bring in some extra cash flow while keeping your writing skills in check for your own business.
- Offer to manage a busy forum for a small fee ~ are you a member of a busy forum and the forum owner also has a full time business they are managing? Why not offer to manage it for them as a service, they benefit from having some of their time freed up and you benefit from having lots of interaction with the forum members.
- Start setting up some affiliate minisites to make some extra cash from adsense. This in not an actual job but it is a great way to get some extra cash coming in while you are still building your full time business!
Hope these tips help give you some ideas on how to start getting some extra cash flow coming in while you are first starting out with your business. I recommended all of these options because I have used them myself while growing my business online ~ Once my main business’s income started being more consistent I cut back on offering these types of services for others so I could focus all my time on my own business but in the beginning it was a great way to keep the funds rolling in(and it also gave me more money to work with to grow my business)!
How about you ~ do you have any tips for making a little extra money on the side by offering a service to others? I would love to hear your recommendations ~ make sure to comment below!
To Your Success!
The Marketing Momma