Adding Google Analytics to your wordpress blog is a great way to keep track of your progress. This is the best way to see where your visitors are coming from and how many people are visiting your website.
For someone who is not very technical when it comes to working with websites adding google analytics to your website may seem overwhelming–but trust me once you have a step by step instruction on how to do it–it is very easy–and well worth the effort.
Steps On How To Add Google Analytics To Your WordPress Blog
- Download the Google Analytics Plugin to your desktop and unzip the plugin
- Upload the plugin into your websites wp-content/plugins folder in your cpanel hosting account
- In your wordpress blog’s dashboard under plugins activate the google analytics plugin–you should receive a success message once complete.
- Go to your google account and login to http://google.com/analytics
- To set up your new website in the google analytics account–click on add website profile
- Then click on add profile for a new domain
- Enter the URL of your website and select the appropriate country and time zone.
- Google Analytics will then provide you with a block of html code–copy this code
- Then go to your wordpress blog admin–under appearance–edit–go to the footer php section and paste the code into the footer right before the <body>tag on the page. You can add this code to any webpage that you want to track on your site the same way.
- Go back to your google analytics profile and check the status to see if it was added correctly.
Those are the basics–if you have any questions or problems you can always contact me or there are also some quick instructions on setting it up in your google analytics account area. Good Luck!