If you have been doing any kind of marketing lately online for your business then you are probably familiar with Twitter. If you aren’t using Twitter to market your business then you should be — so go get started — TODAY! Twitter is an easy way to get your message out to your target market, find potential new customers, and follow up with your existing customers. All done with 140 characters it can be a quick and painless way to stay in touch with your market if used correctly.
Here are a few quick tips that will get you started in the right direction to using Twitter effectively and efficiently for your business.
- Create (or have one created for you) a custom background for your Twitter account. This will help brand yourself and your business to your Twitter followers and potential customers or clients.
- Use a personal picture for your profile pic — this is social media — so make sure you are being social by letting your followers get to know you in a personal and social way –what better way to do this then portraying a pretty smiling face for your profile picture.
- Update several times daily — Twitter likes activity — the more active you are the more successful you will be with your use of Twitter (just remember not to get sucked in for too long of periods at a time –schedule it, do it, and then get out of there and stay productive.
- Find relevant quotes that you can use that are relevant to your niche that your followers may enjoy (people love interesting quotes). This also helps you keep your account active without having to tell everyone every tiny little thing you do all day long –but you are keeping them interested and active.
- Use Twitterfeed.com to automate some of your posts by updating your Twitter account with relevant blog posts that you have created on your blog or even someone elses blog that is relevant to your niche and would be interesting to your followers.
- Make things easy and efficient for yourself when using Twitter by utilizing free and helpful tools that can keep you productive and organized — here are a few to check out Socialoomph.com and Hootesuite.com both are great and very helpful in your Social Media Marketing Strategy.
To Your Success!
PS Disclaimer: The link in this blog post is an affiliate link and if you decide to purchase from it I will make a small commission. Thanks! Just remember I only recommend products that I use myself and feel would be beneficial to you and your business!