With the recent changes to Facebook there are several things you need to know as a Fan Page owner to make sure you take advantage of all the options now available.
Today I wanted to share with you a quick little tutorial on how to customize the look of the 5 photos at the top of your page that are pulled in from your Fan Page photos.
How to customize the photos at the top:
These five photos that stream across the top of your page are the most recent photos that you post to the Wall of a Page you admin, or photos you tag your page in. Luckily this area will not include any photos posted by people who like your Page so you do still have some control over how they will be presented.
When the changes first occurred the admin had control over the order of these images just like on our personal profiles but unfortunately, as Facebook states in their Help Center, they have removed this control on Fan Pages:
Facebook States “The five most recent photos that you have published or tagged your Page in are displayed randomly at the top of your Page. ”
On Personal Profiles, those top 5 pictures appear based on the order in which you tag them as yourself. But at this point it’s random on Fan Pages, but there are some things you can do to make it work for your advantage.
Here is an example of what we have done with our page.
- Decide on what message you want these 5 images to portray and what type of images will do this best (for us over at Bold Branding this is a great place to showcase the services we offer)
- Find 5 images to use and edit them to be in the dimensions of 970 wide x 680 tall(the thumbnail size will be shrunk down to 97 x 68)
- Go to the photos section of your Fan Page and upload the 5 images that you would like to use (when uploading the photo click skip posting to profile…or all 5 images will also show up in your newsfeed…unless you want them to…then go ahead and post them there too)
- If you already have photos uploaded to your Fan Page go to the 5 photos strip where they are displayed across the top of your wall page and click on the x on the images that you do not want to show in the 5 photo display section.
- After you have the photos showing that you would like across the top go back in and post a comment under each photo with a quick description with a call to action..you can even include links.
When adding new photos to your Fan Page later you may have to go back through this process if you want the correct photos to show across that top 5 strip…and you may want to change this every once in a while to keep your message fresh!
Make sure to come back and leave me a comment with a link to your page so I can see your 5 photo marketing message! I would love to check them out!
Also if you are looking for some more great tips on how to use the new Facebook changes to your advantage make sure you check out this free webinar given by Mari Smith she has some great tips including her 7 Steps to Facebook Marketing Success!
To Your Success!
The Marketing MommaPS Disclaimer: The link in this blog post is an affiliate link and if you decide to purchase from it I will make a small commission. Thanks! Just remember I only recommend products that I use myself and feel would be beneficial to you and your business!