Twitter is one of my favorite social media channels to use to increase exposure for my business. It’s fun, it’s quick, and it’s effective if you do things right. One of the best things about Twitter is that simple little things can make a big difference when it comes to how effective your results are when using it as one of your marketing strategies. Today I want to share with you 5 things you can do right now to increase your results with your marketing using Twitter.
5 things to do right now on Twitter
- Customize your background to represent your business in a professional way. When someone first connects with you on Twitter you want it to be easy for them to understand what you and your business is all about, using your background to display this is your first step. Recently Twitter changed their background design to now include a header … using this space to highlight your business is a great new option. I always recommend including your logo, an image of yourself to make it personal, use your brand colors for the background, and remember to include contact info so it’s easy for people to connect with you further
- Use Hootesuite to manage your account easily and more efficiently. Twitter can be very overwhelming at times if you don’t have a good system for managing it. Hootesuite is a life saver when it comes to this with the options of scheduling out posts, monitoring responses and direct messages, and giving an easy to use dashboard to monitor it all in one spot. This is all I use to manage my account of over 28,000 followers and I highly recommend it!
- Research and find targeted people to connect with using Twellow.com. If you are using Twitter to market your business then you want to make sure the people you are connecting with are related and interested in your niche. Twellow.com is like the yellow pages for Twitter and can be a great resource to use when you are working on following new and interesting people.
- ReTweet some awesome content a few times a day. Sharing someone else’s content with your followers is a huge compliment and also a great way to make new connections easily in a positive way. Not only are you sharing great and helpful content for your followers but you are also giving someone else a compliment on their content by showing to them that you think they have great information and you are willing to share it with your network of people.
- Start a conversation by asking a question. If you want more engagement on Twitter then take the first step … just like in everyday in person conversations … someone has to start the conversation … let it be you. Ask questions and be conversational … it is “social” media … so remember to be “social”.
Twitter has been one of the most effective ways I have found to drive more traffic to my website and connect with “targeted” people easily online. Once you put some systems in place it can be an easy thing to manage with huge results … so make sure you take the time to get things set up and in place to make it a daily marketing strategy you can use quickly and effectively.
To Your Success!
The Marketing Momma
Want more tips on using Twitter to market your business? Click Here