If you are just exploring the idea of working from home and you don’t know where to start it can be really overwhelming when starting your research online. There are so many great opportunites for working from home and you just need to find the work at home business or job that will work best for you and your family. I have made a short list of some great and low cost ideas for working from home. Take a look and see what idea sounds right for you.
- Start a virtual assistant business. There are so many things that need to be done to make a business successful online and there are tons of businesses out there looking for good assistants to help lessen the load. The skills required range from article writing, copywriting, article submission, blog posts, web 2.0 posts, forum posting, answering emails, entering data, product input, you name it and there is someone out there looking for help in these areas.
- Selling on Ebay. Ebay is still a great way to make some money. It is so easy to get started that most people who currently work online full time will probably tell you that their first experience selling online was through ebay. Start selling stuff form your attic to learn the process and then keep doing your research to expand it into a real business–have you ever heard of Ebay Power Sellers? These are people making a real full time income from selling products online. Once you have sold all of your personal attic items then you can look into dropshipping. This is a great way to sell online without having to put alot of money into inventory.
- Start an online boutique. This is how I started out at Barefoot Bella and it is a great way to make money from home. Nowadays you can start an online store for a few 100 dollars. You don’t even need to carry inventory if you don’t want to (although I do) because there are tons of companies who are willing to drop ship their products for you so you can keep your start up costs really low.
- Start a Mom Taxi Business. This business is not an internet based business but it is a great way for moms to make extra money while being able to stay at home with their kids. There is a service like this offered at one of our local preschools–a few moms started a business transporting children for other moms to and from preschool or daycare–or even other extra curriculum activities–when your schedule just won’t work without a little help. I know with my own schedule sometimes it is really difficult to get everybody where they need to be especially when you have numerous children doing many activities. So market on that aspect because I know I am not the only mom out there that has scheduling conflicts these days. These moms also include a few hours of babysitting when needed and a lot of times they are already traveling to and from these places with their own children. You would be offering a convenience for moms that is defiantely worth paying for.
- Start a Blog. If you learn how to generate traffic to your blog you can make extra money from advertising spots, affiliate marketing, and even receive free products for doing product reviews. This is a great avenue for extra income that doesn’t take a lot of time to maintain each week.
So there you have it 5 great ideas for work at home businesses. Think about what would work best for you- do your research and then get started!!